Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wednesday Recipe #4

Maybe I can get this posted before midnight!

PoppySeed Chicken
(this is my version)

1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 16oz container of sour cream
1 sleeve of ritz crackers
1 stick of salted butter
1 teaspoon of poppyseeds
4-6 large chicken breast- deboned

After Chicken is finished cooking and deboned- pull apart and set aside. Mix both soups and sour cream together- add chicken to mixture. Melt the stick of butter and set aside. Pour the soup/chicken mixture into a casserole dish, then crumble the whole sleeve of crackers on top of the mixture- pour melted butter on top of the crackers and sprinkle the poppy seeds to top off. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes- until the edges are bubbly- if the crackers are not covered in butter- they will burn- add more butter during baking if needed. Enjoy!!!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

This is one of our favorites!!! YUM :)

Samantha said...

This is one of our of favorites too! Except I call it chicken casserole because I make mine without the poppyseed. And sometimes I will use ranch dip or french dip instead of sour cream (or I'll add a seasoning pack to sour cream to give it a little more flavor).. When I make a big version, I'll add cream cheese and a little chicken broth! :)

I made your corn souffle last night!! Tasted great! Thanks for sharing your recipes! I'm always looking for new things to try :)