I did however, snap a few shots. My sister in law Brandi and her husband Sam went with us. It was so much fun!! Brandi and TK went to NY a lot growing up for market trips back in the Ruth's days. Now, TK has passed his love for the city to me. Some people want a house at the beach....... I just want an apartment off of Bleecker Street!
This picture was taken in Little Italy while we were at dinner one night. Please excuse the "hat hair", I just took off my scarf and hat! We had a wonderful REAL Italian dinner in Little Italy. We also had homemade cannolli's (sp?) from a pastry shop in Little Italy- they are worth flying in just for dinner! We did not do the "usual" NYC tourist attractions this trip. The first night we ate in Little Italy and shopped in SoHo. I bought some cute spring clothes in SoHo- and they were not expensive at all! Cute Boutique clothes at cheap prices!!!!!
The second day we spent a lot of time on the Subway! We went to New Jersey to Carlo's Bake Shop. (see Post Below) It was interesting- but too cold to wait! So, we hopped back on the train and headed to my favorite- Bleecker Street! Once before I found a little coffee shop on Bleecker- that sells whole beans and will ship them to you! I have ordered from them before, but it is nothing like the experience of going in yourself to buy coffee beans. click here portorico.com 
You can't go to Greenwich Village without visiting Magnolia Bakery. Anyone watch Sex and the City? Well, if you do it is where Carrie would always buy cupcakes on the show.
Also that day we went to Chinatown and ate lunch at an authentic Chinese restaurant. It was so good! They offered us HOT green tea as soon as we walked in- When they did that- I voted that they were the #1 restaurant in NYC! It was sooo cold outside and the hot tea is just what I needed!
That night we took the subway to the Bronx to Yankee Stadium. AWESOME!!! A-Rod and Jeter forgot they were suppose to meet us for dinner, but it was freezing- so we understood.
The next day we just basically hung around Times Square (since our hotel was there) and of course, we had to see the Today Show. Again- it was freezing so we were the only ones outside- so we headed to the NBC store. Right when we walked in Matt Lauer was shopping for Vancouver gear. TK spoke to him and he was so kind to speak back. I also saw Kelly (Owner of People's Revolution) from The Hills- she waved at TK. Ha! She was there promoting her new show Kell on Earth.
We had an awesome trip and I cant wait to go back! Next time, in the Summer so we can see the Yankees play!
This is Brandi and Sam- TK's sister and her husband. They went with us and we all had a blast together. From singing Karaoke in Little Italy to getting lost on the subway. It was all fun!
Here is a beautiful picture of Central Park. I took this early one morning. The pond was completely frozen. I wanted to get more pictures of Central Park- but again, it was freezing!!!















3 comments:
One word sums up my feelings--JEALOUS!! I've never been to New York-dying to go! So glad you had a fun adult trip!
How fun! I hope to visit one day!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE New York and I've never been! It is a dream that I hope that will come true one day!
Love your pictures
Post a Comment