Each Wednesday I will post a new recipe. Most are family recipes and some are my own! I cant promise you that any of these are served at a certain restaurant, but she does serve some of my grandmother's recipes, and they have been passed down to me. Most of these recipes will be easy, since I am the mommy of 2 boys, and still work part time at night. So they will be easy to say the least! Hope you enjoy!!!
Not Your Grandma's Coconut Cake
I know the thought of coconut cake- is not very good- but this cake is awesome!!! Not your grandma's coconut cake!!!
You will need:
9x13 pan
1 Butter cake Mix- (bake cake in 9x13 pan according to the directions on the box, and with the ingredients listed on the box- most call for 1 stick of butter, 1 1/3 cup of water, 3 eggs)
1 Can of Coco Lopez- (coconut milk mixture)
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tub of whip cream
1 small package of coconut flakes (optional)
While you are baking your cake- according to the directions on box, mix 1 can of coco lopez with 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, set aside. (Make sure the whip cream stays in the fridge until you are ready to serve!)
After cake is done baking, once out of the oven, poke with a sraw or fork- all over cake- several holes!!! (make sure the cake is still hot/warm- or it wont turn out right)
Then immediately, pour coco lopez/condensed milk mixture all over cake- mixture will seep into cake.
Let cake sit for 30-45 minutes- once the cake is cool- you can then add the whip cream topping and sprinkle coconut flakes on top. Ready to serve!
Store in the refridgerator!!! It will keep for up to 3-4 days.
The longer this cake sits, the better it is!!! It is super easy! I usually make it the day before I am going to serve it.
To make it fun- you can add food coloring to the whip cream and/or to the coconut flakes- to make it perfect for each season! My favorite is to color the whip cream green and the coconut a little darker green- then add jellybeans for Easter!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
GIRL, I have been looking for a good coconut cake recipe for a while! THANK YOU!!! I love me some recipes!!!! :o)
Post a Comment