Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Disney 2010

I am not finished posting all of our Disney pictures, but before I forget, here is a list of things I learned while at Disney World.
1. The Disney Dining Plan is a MUST! We did the deluxe dining plan, 3 meals and 2 snacks, per person, per day) We were able to have character dinners, character breakfast, eat at Downtown Disney, etc. It saved us a ton!!!!
2. Character Dinners/Breakfast/Lunches are the best! Your child will feel so important. In the parks the lines are usually long and it is a " snap the picture and move" type setting. You have to atleast do one!!!
3. Fast Passes are great, but they run out, and I mean FAST!!!! We were unable to ride the Buzz Lightyear ride due to this. All the Fast Passes were gone 30 minutes after opening and the standby line was 2 hours!
4. It doesn't really matter where you stay, as long as you stay on Disney property. Disney has made all the resorts great- the rooms might not be, but you are at Disney- not really a vacation!
5. Magic Kingdom is great!  Toontown is great for preschoolers! Also Hollywood Studios is great too- since  they have Playhouse Disney shows, characters, etc.
6. Get a Photo Pass- if you buy a vacation package, it is in your "packet", Go online and activate it. It is the only way we have all 4 of us in a few pictures!
7. It takes a while to travel to and from your resort to restaurants, parks and Downtown Disney. Allow yourself plenty of time, especially if you have reservations! reservations are a MUST for all character dining!
8. Disney is not cheap- but not as much as I thought! You can get awesome package deals anytime of the year! I loved going in late February! I don't do very well in the heat unless I am in a pool or by the beach!
9. Your kids don't really care if you don't get to ride a certain ride. There is so much to do, it is almost impossible to do everything in one day at each park- with younger kids.  There is so much to do and see!
10. It is really hard to follow an hour by hour schedule! I like to plan. But, at Disney it is hard, due to wait times, etc. Certain shows start at certian times, but if you are waiting in line for a popular ride, you might have to wait until the next show!
I am not a Disney expert- we had a great time! My boys had a blast. TK did get food poisoning, so he was in bed for 2 days, and I tackled 2 character dinners and Animal Kingdom by myself! Next year we are doing a Disney Cruise, and I can't wait!!!!!

1 comment:

The Dimino's said...

I am glad ya'll had a lot of fun at Disney!! I love Disney!! I think I have been like 9 times!!! We are going to Disneyland for the first time in April and we are really excited!! When Brady gets a little older we are going to do a Disney cruise too!!